Meteorite-like object falls in Latvia
Riga (Latvia): Latvian emergency officials
say a fiery object has fallen from the sky and created a large
crater in a town close to the Estonian border.
Inga Vetere of the Fire and Rescue Service says the
rock-like object was seen last evening. It punched a hole 15
meters wide and 5 meters deep in a meadow next to a farm in
Vetere said today that a military chemical unit has
tested the object and found that radiation levels are normal.
She says police have cordoned off the area and are
waiting for geologists from the University of Latvia to
arrive. She says the geologists will determine whether the
object is a meteorite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed