Meteorite-like object falls in Latvia
Riga (Latvia): Latvian emergency officials
say a fiery object has fallen from the sky and created a large
crater in a town close to the Estonian border.
Inga Vetere of the Fire and Rescue Service says the
rock-like object was seen last evening. It punched a hole 15
meters wide and 5 meters deep in a meadow next to a farm in
Vetere said today that a military chemical unit has
tested the object and found that radiation levels are normal.
She says police have cordoned off the area and are
waiting for geologists from the University of Latvia to
arrive. She says the geologists will determine whether the
object is a meteorite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price