Microsoft claims `targeted attacks` by hackers on Windows OS
London: Software manufacturer Microsoft has reportedly claimed that hackers have launched ` targeted attacks ` on its Windows OS.
According to Daily Express, Google`s security engineer Tavis Ormandy had revealed technical information about bug in Microsoft`s Window operating system in May.
Microsoft officials did not comment if Ormandy`s controversial revelations led to the vulnerability of Windows being hacked but experts believe that the information could help malicious hackers launch such attacks.
An independent researcher, Graham Cluley said that it leaves a slightly bad taste in the mouth to see a Google security researcher find a bug in Microsoft`s system, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users