Microsoft claims `targeted attacks` by hackers on Windows OS
London: Software manufacturer Microsoft has reportedly claimed that hackers have launched ` targeted attacks ` on its Windows OS.
According to Daily Express, Google`s security engineer Tavis Ormandy had revealed technical information about bug in Microsoft`s Window operating system in May.
Microsoft officials did not comment if Ormandy`s controversial revelations led to the vulnerability of Windows being hacked but experts believe that the information could help malicious hackers launch such attacks.
An independent researcher, Graham Cluley said that it leaves a slightly bad taste in the mouth to see a Google security researcher find a bug in Microsoft`s system, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH