Microsoft claims `targeted attacks` by hackers on Windows OS
London: Software manufacturer Microsoft has reportedly claimed that hackers have launched ` targeted attacks ` on its Windows OS.
According to Daily Express, Google`s security engineer Tavis Ormandy had revealed technical information about bug in Microsoft`s Window operating system in May.
Microsoft officials did not comment if Ormandy`s controversial revelations led to the vulnerability of Windows being hacked but experts believe that the information could help malicious hackers launch such attacks.
An independent researcher, Graham Cluley said that it leaves a slightly bad taste in the mouth to see a Google security researcher find a bug in Microsoft`s system, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Shocking CCTV footage of deadly suicide blasts at Istanbul's Ataturk airport captured: Watch
- Kejriwal chides Goa CM over tainted relative
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet brings cheers for Armed forces; salary more than doubled
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez confident Lionel Messi will reverse his decision to retire
- 7th Pay Commission: Demand to push growth; modest risk to inflation