Microsoft launches new DirectX version to improve game play for Windows Phone
Washington: Microsoft has reportedly launched a new version of DirectX, which will improve game play and extend mobile battery life on Windows phone.
The DirectX 12 game programming tools will reportedly improve the visual quality of games on mobile devices, PCs and the Xbox gaming console.
According to PC World, games based on DirectX 11`s successor will be out by the end of 2015 and it would be on Windows, Windows phone and Xbox, with hardware supporters including Nvidia, Qualcomm, Advanced Micro Devices and Intel.
However, smartphone support for Direct X 12 could come equally soon, as Windows phones today only have Snapdragon processors from Qualcomm, which has worked with Microsoft to adapt DirectX 12 for mobile chips used with the OS, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meitu launches 'BeautyPlus Me' app in India
- Spine-chilling video: Woman dragged, killed by tiger at safari park in China
- At least 271 killed or missing in China rains, 59,000 troops deployed
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification this week; August salary as per new pay matrix
- Micromax announces new laptop series