Microsoft launches new DirectX version to improve game play for Windows Phone
Washington: Microsoft has reportedly launched a new version of DirectX, which will improve game play and extend mobile battery life on Windows phone.
The DirectX 12 game programming tools will reportedly improve the visual quality of games on mobile devices, PCs and the Xbox gaming console.
According to PC World, games based on DirectX 11`s successor will be out by the end of 2015 and it would be on Windows, Windows phone and Xbox, with hardware supporters including Nvidia, Qualcomm, Advanced Micro Devices and Intel.
However, smartphone support for Direct X 12 could come equally soon, as Windows phones today only have Snapdragon processors from Qualcomm, which has worked with Microsoft to adapt DirectX 12 for mobile chips used with the OS, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime go out of stock within minutes of sale; next sale on August 31
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter