Microsoft rejoices the demise of IE6
New Delhi: Microsoft is happily saying bye-bye to its aging Internet Explorer 6 browser.
According to the latest data from Net Applications, IE6 usage in the US has now officially dropped below 1%. This is good news to Microsoft as it is keen to ask its users to switch over from the older old version of the browser to IE8 or 9 which offer enhanced security and privacy controls.
Early in 2011, Microsoft started a website namely “The Internet Explorer 6 Countdown” which focussed on explaining the usage of IE6 around the world.
In addition, Microsoft has gone a step ahead in this direction by encouraging its users to spread the word about upgrading to a new browser and has also provided website owners the code for displaying a banner which says “You are using an outdated browser” to make its users switch from IE6.
Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) was launched in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip