Microsoft rejoices the demise of IE6
New Delhi: Microsoft is happily saying bye-bye to its aging Internet Explorer 6 browser.
According to the latest data from Net Applications, IE6 usage in the US has now officially dropped below 1%. This is good news to Microsoft as it is keen to ask its users to switch over from the older old version of the browser to IE8 or 9 which offer enhanced security and privacy controls.
Early in 2011, Microsoft started a website namely “The Internet Explorer 6 Countdown” which focussed on explaining the usage of IE6 around the world.
In addition, Microsoft has gone a step ahead in this direction by encouraging its users to spread the word about upgrading to a new browser and has also provided website owners the code for displaying a banner which says “You are using an outdated browser” to make its users switch from IE6.
Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) was launched in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II