`Microsoft search deal not delivering desired results`
Washington: Yahoo`s Chief Executive Marissa Mayer has said the firm`s search partnership with Microsoft is not delivering the market share gains or the revenue boost that it should.
Mayer, at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference in San Francisco, said that `one of the points of the alliance is that we collectively want to grow share rather than just trading share with each other.`
Mayer said of the search deal with Microsoft that they `need to see monetization working better because they know that it can and they have seen other competitors in the space illustrate how well it can work,` an English website reports.
Yahoo and Microsoft entered into a 10-year search partnership in 2010, hoping their combined efforts could mount a more competitive challenge to Google, the report said.
But the partnership has not lived up to expectations, it added.
According to the report, Yahoo shares finished Tuesday`s regular trading session up 31 cents at 21.21 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation