Microsoft takes off Windows RT 8.1 update following glitches
Wellington: Microsoft has reportedly taken off the update of its Windows RT after some consumers complained of issues after downloading.
The software giant did not give further details about the issue but assured that it is trying to fix the issue quickly.
According to a website, Microsoft removed the RT 8.1 update from its Windows Store during the weekend.
Microsoft said that RT 8.1 is an OS for tablets and light, thin personal computers and only runs built-in apps or apps downloaded from the Windows Store.
The company recently unveiled the global release of the update to its latest Windows 8 OS with a tweaked 8.1 version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued