Microsoft to establish innovation centre in China
Beijing: Microsoft is expected to establish an innovation center in south China`s Hainan Province, the first of its kind on the Chinese mainland.
An agreement in this regard was signed between Microsoft and the Hainan provincial government.
Microsoft will also build a "Microsoft IT Academy" in Hainan to boost the training of IT experts, the report said.
Microsoft founder Bill Gates is currently in Hainan attending the Boao Forum for Asia.
Based on Microsoft`s leading technology platform, the Microsoft Innovation Centre will attract software enterprises in the fields of tourism and agriculture in Hainan, Li Guoliang, deputy governor of Hainan said.
Li said the government hopes to nurture an ecology-related industrial software chain worth 5 billion yuan (USD 798 million).
Microsoft will carry out strategic cooperation with Hainan regarding technological development, software training and intellectual property rights protection, according to a memorandum of understanding inked by the Hainan provincial government and Microsoft (China) Co. Ltd on the sidelines of the ongoing Boao Forum for Asia.
Microsoft Group Vice President Orlando Ayala said global tourism hot spots are moving to the Asia-Pacific region, adding the company`s cooperation with Hainan will prop up the province`s efforts to become a major international tourist destination.
Microsoft Innovation Centres are state-of-the-art facilities designed to foster collaboration on innovative research, technology and software solutions, involving a combination of government, academic and industry participants.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference