Mini camera allows `lifeloggers` to broadcast their lives online
London: A growing band of ‘lifeloggers’ record every single day in minute detail and store it digitally for future reference, using a mini camera that takes a photo every 30 seconds and uploads it onto the net.
Fans say lifelogging allows them to create a perfect digital archive, which can be accessed at any time, whether it’s to recall a favourite moment in exact detail or simply check where they left their car keys.
But Privacy campaigners warn that users risk revealing too much information about themselves, leaving them vulnerable to identity theft and blackmail.
And they raise questions about the privacy rights of the thousands of friends, colleagues and strangers who would inevitably feature in users’ lifelogs, with or without their knowledge.
Until now, the technology used by lifeloggers has typically involved the user wearing a digital camera to take time-lapse photographs or record continuous video.
The devices have been too big to be worn covertly, meaning those around the lifeloggers have usually been aware they have been caught on camera.
But the newer devices include the Pivothead Durango, a camcorder concealed in a pair of sunglasses, capable of taking high-definition images and recording CD quality sound, and even equipped with face-tracking technology.
Memoto, a 173-pound camera the size of a postage stamp, which can be clipped onto clothes and will automatically take a photograph every 30 seconds, will be launched next year.
The images will be uploaded to the internet every time the camera is charged and automatically GPS-tagged and dated to show when and where they were taken, allowing them to be easily searched and shared.
Memoto’s Swedish makers said it aimed ‘to give you pictures of every single moment of your life, complete with information on when you took and where you were. (ANI)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read