More than 3,00,000 servers still exposed to `Heartbleed` bug: Report
Washington: A security researcher has revealed that more than 3,00,000 servers are still vulnerable to the infamous `Heartbleed` bug.
Initially 6,00,000 servers were exposed to the exploit. One month after the bug was announced, the number dropped down to 318,239, out of which only 9,042 have been patched to block Heartbleed.
However, Considering the numbers, it`s likely that the lightly-trod corners of the internet will remain vulnerable for a long time, as sites with sub-par security standards continue to leave themselves, and their users, exposed , The Verge reported.
The major flaw can essentially allow attackers to gain access to highly sensitive information, including credit card numbers, usernames, passwords, and other sensitive data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy