More US retailers experience data breach post mega attack on Target
Washington: More US retailers have reportedly become victims of data breaches following the mega hack attack carried on nationwide retailer Target.
At least three more US retailers suffered unpublicized attacks similar to the one on Target and the extent of the credit card data breach during the holiday season might be larger than previously thought.
Reuters reported that after Target and Neiman Marcus, three other well-known retailers have experienced smaller breaches that have not been publicly revealed.
According to Cnet, sources told the news agency that the techniques used to attack these retailers were similar to those used on Target.
The additional attacks used similar techniques as the attack on Target, sources told the news agency, adding that other attacks may have occurred earlier last year.
The hack attack on Target resulted in data of nearly 110 million customers compromised while the scale of the breach at departmental store Neiman Marcus has not been determined yet.
The report added that soon after the attack on Target, 10 to twentyfold increase in stolen data in online card-selling markets was seen and batches of up to 1 million cards were selling for anywhere from 20 dollars to as high as 100 dollars per card.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what