Most commonly used passwords of hacked accounts revealed
Washington: If you have an easy and predictable password such as ‘123456,’ ‘abc123’, or the word ‘password,’ then you are at a higher risk of having your account hacked, according to a report.
In the wake of a security breach at Yahoo a Slovakian IT security company has released a list of the most commonly used passwords for hacked accounts.
According to Yahoo News, ESET carried out a study of the almost half a million account details leaked online by an unknown hacker group.
Analysts found that almost 1,700 of the hacked accounts were protected with the password ``123456``, while 780 users opted for ``password,’ a newspaper reports.
In 2011 ``password`` was the most commonly used password, according to password management application maker SpashID.
Also in the top 10 were ‘welcome’, ‘abc123’ and ‘qwerty’. They are easy to remember but also very easy to guess.
According to the paper, despite many security warnings a shocking number of Internet users continue to use some of the most blatant letter and number combinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack