Most commonly used passwords of hacked accounts revealed
Washington: If you have an easy and predictable password such as ‘123456,’ ‘abc123’, or the word ‘password,’ then you are at a higher risk of having your account hacked, according to a report.
In the wake of a security breach at Yahoo a Slovakian IT security company has released a list of the most commonly used passwords for hacked accounts.
According to Yahoo News, ESET carried out a study of the almost half a million account details leaked online by an unknown hacker group.
Analysts found that almost 1,700 of the hacked accounts were protected with the password ``123456``, while 780 users opted for ``password,’ a newspaper reports.
In 2011 ``password`` was the most commonly used password, according to password management application maker SpashID.
Also in the top 10 were ‘welcome’, ‘abc123’ and ‘qwerty’. They are easy to remember but also very easy to guess.
According to the paper, despite many security warnings a shocking number of Internet users continue to use some of the most blatant letter and number combinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'