Most searched items on Google
New Delhi: Finnish cellphone company Nokia emerged as the most searched brand while `Kites` was the most `googled` movie, according to a 2010 online study by Google Zeitgeist.
"Every year, we bring out this list featuring the most searched for terms globally and in India. This helps us get a perspective on the year`s major events and hottest trends
online," Google India Head of Products Vinay Goel said.
Zeitgeist (German for `the spirit of the times`) provides an insight into what people are looking for online and helps us develop products accordingly, he added.
According to 2010 Google Zeitgeist list, Indians in 2010 have searched most for brands like Nokia, Samsung and Airtel.
As for movies, Kites, Endhiran and Dabangg were the most searched films.
Google is testing a product, Google Music, as part of Google India Labs, which allows people to stream music online as well as get information on music albums.
"We have partners like Saregama, who offer licensed content and users can listen to Hindi songs online legitimately and get information about the singer, director, actor etc," he said.
Songs was the most searched category in the country, followed by Facebook and Google. Other highly-searched items included Youtube, Yahoo Mail, Gmail and Orkut.
In the fastest rising personality category, British actress Aruna Shields (debuted in Hindi film `Prince`) emerged on top, followed by Sonakshi Sinha, who made her film debut with Dabangg this year.
Some of the other favourites from Bollywood this year included Katrina Kaif and Zarine Khan, while among the men, Salman Khan ruled the web.
Google also turned counsellor to many as Indians searched for results like `How to get Pregnant, `How to Kiss` and `How to impress a girl`.
The company used data from multiple sources, including Insights for Search, Google Trends and internal data tools, Goel said.
You are beautiful (by Nick Vujicic), Hadippa! The remix (Dil Bole Hadippa) and Tere Liye (Prince), were the most searched for videos in the country on YouTube, another
Vijicic`s (a preacher and motivational speaker who was born without arms or legs due to a rare disorder known as Tetra-amelia) video emerged as the most watched video on
YouTube India with 15.37 million views in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing