Mothers and kids now `befriending` each other on Facebook
Washington: In order to stay connected and bond better, one in three mothers is being `friends` with their children on Facebook.
Kelly McBride, an assistant professor of communications at LaSalle University in Philadelphia, said that her students who `friend` their mothers keep their Facebook pages benign.
She added that children even started using other social networking sites such as Instagram or Twitter for the racy stuff.
When they `friend` their mothers they also take off drinking or partying photographs.
According to a report by Fox News, Parenting expert Susan Newman said that befriending children who are teenagers on online social media equates to reading their personal diary.
Facebook offers another layer for the parents to become intrusive in the lives of their teenage children who are struggling in making their individual identity amongst peers.
Those who `friend` their mothers often tell them what to `like` and what to comment. The mothers do not intend to stalk them but need to keep a check on their children.
Facebook said that children in the age group of 13-years are more likely to befriend their parents online as that is the minimum age limit set by the social networking site to have an account, while people in their 20s are less likely to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing