MySpace gets in tune with Facebook
San Francisco: MySpace has begun letting users synchronize updates with Facebook, the social networking superstar that supplanted the firm that once ruled in that arena.
"This new sync functionality is part of an ongoing effort to make it simple for people to share their updates beyond MySpace and allow fans and friends to interact with that content across the Web," MySpace said in a release.
News Corporation-owned MySpace had already let users share updates in the form of real-time musings, comments, or observations at hot microblogging service Twitter.
Instructions regarding how to get in tune with Facebook were available at myspace.com/guide/sync.
Tuning into Facebook will also allow MySpace members to share music, video, games, pictures and other digital content with friends at Facebook.
"This is particularly exciting for the millions of musicians on MySpace who can now use this tool as a complement to their MySpace Music presence and share their vast library of content," MySpace said.
Since being eclipsed by Facebook two years ago, MySpace has worked to position itself as a platform for musicians and their fans.
Facebook boasts more than 500 million members while MySpace reportedly has a fraction of that number.
MySpace executives at a conference in July unveiled plans to "go younger, go youthful" and put a premium on "creativity and self-expression."
More emphasis, for example, will be placed on MySpace as a destination for casual gaming, according to executives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees