`MySpace not seeking to compete against FB, Twitter`
Washington: As a new, revamped version of MySpace was launched, CEO of Specific Media, the firm which bought MySpace from News Corps. in 2011, Tim Vanderhook has said that they are not seeking to compete with Facebook or Twitter.
As Justin Timberlake unveiled the new MySpace website with a tweet containing a link to a video preview of the new social site, Tim and Chris Vanderhook, the COO of the social networking firm gave a few insights into the new network, which would help connecting music artists with their fans.
The Vanderhook brothers said that MySpace in not going to engage in any competition with Twitter or Facebook, and will have its own ‘creative community’ where fans can connect to their favorite artists.
“No one wants to manage another social network. We think it is unique and distinct; it integrates with Facebook and Twitter to be able to pull over your social graph and pull over your identity of who you are. We think Facebook is the uber social network that is supposed to be there,” Tim told ABC News during an interview.
“We think we built a great social network for artists. Similar to how LinkedIn built one for business, we think there is a huge gap that we wanted to fulfill. There is no point to compete with Facebook and Twitter,” he added.
Tim also gave credit to Timberlake, for his assistance and initiatives, adding that it was his vision, which has taken MySpace to where it is today, after the American popstar became part owner of Specific Media in 2011.
“Justin is really involved. He invested in the company and is a part owner of it and has assisted in the development of what the new Myspace is all about. He has instituted a creative team here where we have injected artists as part of the company as well,” Tim said.
“We work with his creative team. Chris and I were just on the phone with him yesterday. We talk to him on a constant basis. The seed of what we have built stemmed from his vision of what MySpace should be,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video