Nearly 20 mn Indians visited biz websites in June: comScore
New Delhi: An increasing number of people
are going online for finance-related content, with 19.7
million Internet users in the country logging on to business
websites in June, says a survey.
Males, especially those between 25-34 years, accounted for
72 per cent of the total visitors to business sites, according
to web research firm comScore.
"19.7 million Internet users in India visited business/
finance sites (in June), representing a 45 per cent increase
from the previous year, as a growing number of Indians turned
to the web for business and finance-related contents,"
comScore said in a statement today.
The website of the country`s largest private sector
lender, ICICI Bank, saw 4.7 million visitors, the highest for
any business site in June, the report noted.
ICICI Bank is followed by HDFC Group at the second spot
(3.5 million visitors) while the State Bank of India cornered
the third position with nearly 3 million visitors.
Other most-visited sites include `Moneycontrol.com` (2.3
million visitors), Citigroup (2 million), Yahoo! Finance and
Axis Bank (each seeing 1.3 million visitors.
The count of visitors does not include those accessing
sites from Internet cafes, mobile phones, Personal Digital
As per the survey, the most-visited sites had a
significant number of visitors from overseas markets.
"ICICI Bank saw 12.3 per cent of its traffic originate
from other markets, with the US accounting for 5.4 per cent of
overall visitation to the site, the UK at 2.5 per cent and
Canada with 1 per cent," the report said.
The sites of HDFC Bank and SBI, each saw 6 per cent of
their total traffic coming from overseas markets.
"With half of India`s online population visiting a
business or finance-related site during the month, there is an
opportunity to reach and engage financial consumers in a way
that was not possible before," comScore`s Executive Vice
President (Asia Pacific region) Will Hodgman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened