New Facebook app to track users` location
London: Social networking giant Facebook will release a new mobile app that will allow a user`s location to be tracked even when the phone is not being used.
The location app is designed to allow Facebook users to find friends in the area.
It will run even if the program isn`t open on a user`s handset.
Facebook already has a mobile "Find Friends" app, which allows users to let others know where they are by "checking in" at a bar, a library etc, the Telegraph reports.
According to a report by Bloomberg, the app, which is set to be launch in mid-March according to the Bloomberg report, could then prove useful to the social networking site in the way they target advertising based on the places their users visit.
Earlier, Facebook updated its internal search engine to allow members to search more easily through their friends` profiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?