New Facebook app to track users` location
London: Social networking giant Facebook will release a new mobile app that will allow a user`s location to be tracked even when the phone is not being used.
The location app is designed to allow Facebook users to find friends in the area.
It will run even if the program isn`t open on a user`s handset.
Facebook already has a mobile "Find Friends" app, which allows users to let others know where they are by "checking in" at a bar, a library etc, the Telegraph reports.
According to a report by Bloomberg, the app, which is set to be launch in mid-March according to the Bloomberg report, could then prove useful to the social networking site in the way they target advertising based on the places their users visit.
Earlier, Facebook updated its internal search engine to allow members to search more easily through their friends` profiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!