New Facebook feature displays Timeline cover pic when you hover over names
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook has now introduced a new feature that will show friends’ Timeline profile picture and cover photo when you hover over his/her name.
Now, when a user hovers over a name on their News Feed or a friend’s profile, Facebook will display not only a profile image, but also a smaller version of a user’s cover image, giving the viewer more context on who they are.
The new feature, which looks like a business card, will show your friends`` job, a thumbnail gallery of mutual friends along with buttons for messaging and seeing how you have your friends categorized.
The new hover card replaces an older design that is much smaller and shows the same information without cover photos and jobs, The Los Angeles Times reports.
The change appears to apply to both Facebook users and Pages, but users who haven`t yet set up timeline still display the older design.
According to the report, Facebook usually tests new features on smaller pockets of users before unleashing them on its entire base of 900 million users, so it`s unclear if this is a test or has been fully implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security