New Facebook feature to attract first-time voters
New Delhi: Seeking to woo more young voters in coming 2014 Lok Sabha polls, social networking site Facebook on Thursday launched a new feature `Register to Vote`.
The feature aims at attracting the 17 million first-time voters, who are in the age group of 18 or 19 years, to participate in the electoral process.
"We have seen the power of friend and social sharing... The launch of Register to Vote feature for Facebook`s India user will lead to the people sharing status updates and individual stories on voter registration," said Ankhi Das Director Public Policy, Facebook.
"In this new feature, you can share your story about when, where, or why you decided to register".
Around 82 million Indian citizens are on Facebook and we are seeing people increasingly using the platform to discuss candidates, campaigns and critical issues facing the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown