New facial recognition software released for Google Glass
Washington: A Californian software developer has released a new facial recognition software for Google`s high-tech eyewear.
In a report by a news website, Lambda Lambs Software has developed the new software which allows the wearer of Google Glass to instantly scan the face of an individual and get information about the person`s name and other vital bits of data contained in the app against a computer database.
The founder of the company, Stephen Balaban said that the company has no plans to provide a global facial recognition database, as it would surely infringe people`s privacy.
However, Balaban is eager to allow other software developers to write their own apps based on the technology while Balaban will be launching the company`s own app with the consumer launch of Glass.
The report further added, Steve Lee, director of product management for Google Glass, said that the company has no plans to add facial recognition features till strong privacy protections are in place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves