New search engine provides information about plants and animals
Washington: The USGS (US Geological Survey) National Biological Information Infrastructure (NBII) has developed a new search engine that helps users hunt through massive amounts of online information about plants and animals.
NBII’s revamped search engine offers a variety of new features, including the ability to search multiple databases at the same time and the ability to return results that arrive in “clusters,” or automatically generated categories associated with the search topic.
For example, a search on “grizzly bear” turns up cluster topics like “endangered species,” “park science” and “grizzly bear management planning” that point to new areas of inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter