New site lets users play `Am I Hot or Not` with others’ Instagram pics
London: A new startup has revived the classic internet site “Hot or Not”, which let users rate pictures according to their attractiveness, but this time for photo-sharing site Instagram.
The site, named Hotstagram, has become such a hit that the page is collapsing under demand as hundreds per second choose their favourites between two photos of young women or men from Instagram.
Its creator, an unnamed 27-year-old who goes by the internet moniker Captain Kirk, claims that the site is entirely legal according to Instagram’s terms and conditions.
The makers of the site admit that the site has begun to collapse under the weight of demand, saying, “Any webhosting company want to hook up a beasty dedicated server for us and we’ll give you a shout out on the site?”
The site makers urge anyone who wants to be rated via Hotstagram to add the hashtag “#hotstagram” to their photos to be automatically posted to the site.
Instagram was recently bought by Facebook in a high-profile 1-billion-dollar purchase. The start-up, which has just 11 staff, allowed users to share photographs with customised retro-styled film effects.
The “Am I Hot or Not” concept has lived on online since the original site launched in 2000 and reached just under two million hits per day within a week of launching.
Facebook and Instagram have yet to issue an official response to the site - and “Captain Kirk” makes clear that any offended users can have their photos removed via the Hotstagram site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!