New Snapchat bug can crash your smartphone
Washington: A new security bug has been reportedly discovered in photo-sharing app, Snapchat, which could launch a hack attack on users` smartphones and cause them to crash.
Security researcher Jamie Sanchez first reported the vulnerability that opens up the auto photo destruct app to a denial-of-service attack.
According to Tech Crunch, the bug could allow hackers to overload an inbox with messages, and crash the iPhone, requiring the user to reset their device, and make Android devices noticeably slower.
Snapchat issued a statement saying they were working to resolve the issue and would be reaching out to the security researcher who publicized the attack to learn more.
The security researcher has complained that Snapchat has no respect for cyber security research community, which was proved recently when the service did not pay much heed to researchers` warning about a security hole that could expose user data and the researchers ultimately published phone numbers of about 4.6 million users to prove their point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love