New Twitter `heat maps` reveal `rudest` users on site!
Washington: Micro-blogging website Twitter can now tell how polite or profane its users are, thanks to new `animated heat maps` that display the density of tweets posted by its users in a specific region or country.
A Twitter heat map developed by Vertalab has revealed where the rudest Americans live in the United States by scanning tweets containing phrases in 462 specific locations in the country.
The barometer showed how people around the US either tweeted phrases containing "good morning" and other vituperative words, and also revealed how such expressions evolve throughout the day.
"In order to get enough data for creating an animation we scanned Twitter at intervals approximately once per hour," NBC News.Com quoted Vertalab as saying on its site.
According to the map, hospitality and politeness shines through the southern and Midwestern parts of US, as both regions showed large swaths of "good morning" pleasantries, particularly near Lubbock, Texas and middle Tennessee.
However, those in the New York City and New Jersey region have a higher tendency to retort to profane expressions, as well as for those in Los Angeles.
The survey was created under Project " Twitter heatmap", which surveyed 462 region around the United States.
You can study the maps for various days of the month and see when and where changes happen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what