New Twitter `heat maps` reveal `rudest` users on site!
Washington: Micro-blogging website Twitter can now tell how polite or profane its users are, thanks to new `animated heat maps` that display the density of tweets posted by its users in a specific region or country.
A Twitter heat map developed by Vertalab has revealed where the rudest Americans live in the United States by scanning tweets containing phrases in 462 specific locations in the country.
The barometer showed how people around the US either tweeted phrases containing "good morning" and other vituperative words, and also revealed how such expressions evolve throughout the day.
"In order to get enough data for creating an animation we scanned Twitter at intervals approximately once per hour," NBC News.Com quoted Vertalab as saying on its site.
According to the map, hospitality and politeness shines through the southern and Midwestern parts of US, as both regions showed large swaths of "good morning" pleasantries, particularly near Lubbock, Texas and middle Tennessee.
However, those in the New York City and New Jersey region have a higher tendency to retort to profane expressions, as well as for those in Los Angeles.
The survey was created under Project " Twitter heatmap", which surveyed 462 region around the United States.
You can study the maps for various days of the month and see when and where changes happen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed