New Twitter `heat maps` reveal `rudest` users on site!
Washington: Micro-blogging website Twitter can now tell how polite or profane its users are, thanks to new `animated heat maps` that display the density of tweets posted by its users in a specific region or country.
A Twitter heat map developed by Vertalab has revealed where the rudest Americans live in the United States by scanning tweets containing phrases in 462 specific locations in the country.
The barometer showed how people around the US either tweeted phrases containing "good morning" and other vituperative words, and also revealed how such expressions evolve throughout the day.
"In order to get enough data for creating an animation we scanned Twitter at intervals approximately once per hour," NBC News.Com quoted Vertalab as saying on its site.
According to the map, hospitality and politeness shines through the southern and Midwestern parts of US, as both regions showed large swaths of "good morning" pleasantries, particularly near Lubbock, Texas and middle Tennessee.
However, those in the New York City and New Jersey region have a higher tendency to retort to profane expressions, as well as for those in Los Angeles.
The survey was created under Project " Twitter heatmap", which surveyed 462 region around the United States.
You can study the maps for various days of the month and see when and where changes happen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof