Niels Bohr`s 127th birthday marked by Google doodle
New Delhi: Google on Sunday paid tribute to Danish physicist and Nobel Laureate, Niels Henrik David Bohr, on his 127th birth anniversary with its latest doodle.
The Google doodle showcases Bohr atomic theory published in 1913.
The theory, which became a basis for quantum theory, showed the atom as one with a small nucleus surrounded by electrons that travel in circular orbits. Bohr also introduced the idea that an electron could drop from a higher-energy orbit to a lower one, in the process emitting a photon of discrete energy
In 1922, Bohr was awarded the Nobel Prize in physics "for his services in the investigation of the structure of atoms and of the radiation emanating from them”.
Bohr was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, on October 07, 1885.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1