Niels Bohr`s 127th birthday marked by Google doodle
New Delhi: Google on Sunday paid tribute to Danish physicist and Nobel Laureate, Niels Henrik David Bohr, on his 127th birth anniversary with its latest doodle.
The Google doodle showcases Bohr atomic theory published in 1913.
The theory, which became a basis for quantum theory, showed the atom as one with a small nucleus surrounded by electrons that travel in circular orbits. Bohr also introduced the idea that an electron could drop from a higher-energy orbit to a lower one, in the process emitting a photon of discrete energy
In 1922, Bohr was awarded the Nobel Prize in physics "for his services in the investigation of the structure of atoms and of the radiation emanating from them”.
Bohr was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, on October 07, 1885.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway