Nintendo says server breached
Tokyo: Nintendo, the Japanese maker of the Wii game console and Super Mario games, says it was targeted in recent online data attacks, but that no personal or company information was lost.
Kyoto-based Nintendo Co. spokesman Ken Toyoda said Sunday that the server of an affiliate of Nintendo`s U.S. unit was accessed unlawfully a few weeks ago, but that there were no damages. He declined to elaborate.
The damage from what could be a spate of hacking was more serious at rival Sony Corp.
Sony has said massive personal information is suspected of having been stolen after security was compromised for its network service for the PlayStation 3 game machine, for other online services and, in the past week, from Sony Pictures` website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region