Nintendo to profit from YouTube users’ gaming videos
London: Japanese gaming giant Nintendo has confirmed it will profit from videos uploaded by fans that feature its games.
Clips posted to YouTube will now display advertising, with income going directly to Nintendo.
According to the BBC, in a statement, the gaming firm said the move was part of an on-going push to ensure Nintendo content is shared across social media.
Some fans have reacted angrily, saying they would no longer play the Nintendo titles, nor upload more clips, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley