Nivio launches app to access files on Google cloud
New Delhi: Cloud computing company nivio today announced the launch of `nivio for Google Drive app`, an application that will allow users to access files stored on Google`s cloud storage through any connected device.
"The application allows users to open and edit Microsoft Office files in their Google Drive with full access to Microsoft Office 2010 applications in any HTML5 browser, on any connected device," Sachin Dev Duggal, Founder and Chief Wizard at nivio told reporters.
Google Drive is the newly launched cloud storage service by the global search giant.
Nivio sees huge scope for cloud computing services in the country and would be mainly targeting students and SMEs for their services.
"India is important to us because not only a large portion on technology is developed here but also we believe that in medium-term, India will be a big cloud consumption market," he said.
On the company`s hiring plans, Duggal said: "We are about 90 people here right now and I think we would probably grow to 130-140 in the next year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday