NKorea posts pictures, videos on Facebook
Seoul: North Korea has offered a rare
glimpse of life inside its borders, after posting pictures on
its new Facebook site of happy picnickers, grassy parks and
colourful landmarks from across Pyongyang.
Even though few of its citizens have Internet access, as
of 8:00pm (1100 GMT) today the North had made 391 Facebook
"friends" after uploading about 100 pictures, video links and
wallpostings as its foray into social media gathers pace.
Some pictures showed North Koreans smiling broadly,
wearing colourful traditional clothes and picnicking in grassy
parks in one of the world`s most secretive nations.
Others captured landscapes and landmarks from across the
capital -- manipulated to add vivid colours.
Video posts on its page railed against the South and
exalted leader Kim Jong-Il, while its wall was littered with
government statements and thumbs-up signs -- Facebook language
for liking a posting. Most of the nation`s friends were ethnic
The North launched its Facebook page on Thursday,
initially under the moniker "uriminzokkiri" -- which means
"with us Koreans" and is the name used by its official website
-- before it changed its profile name to "urimzok".
A link to its Facebook account was posted on its Twitter
profile, which was opened two weeks ago under the name
@uriminzok, allowing friends to post links barracking Seoul
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert