Now, app that sniffs out bots on Twitter
Washington: Researchers at Indiana University have developed an app called Bot or Not, which is designed to identify `robot controlled` accounts on Twitter.
According to PC World, there are the bots that mislead, exploit, and manipulate online conversations with rumors, spam, misinformation and slander.
Researchers revealed that there are companies that sell Twitter followers, which are not always real.
The app lets users type in any Twitter handle and then the app`s algorithm looks at over 1000 features to determine how likely it is to be a ` bot` on a scale of 1 to 100.
At present the app is in beta version, and researchers are working to refine it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand