Now, camouflage fabric `that can make soldiers invisible`
London: New Harry Potter-style camouflage fabric that could make soldiers completely invisible in battlefield, by bending light waves around them, has been developed by a Canadian company.
The US military is backing the development of the so-called `Quantum Stealth` camouflage material which is said to render its wearers completely invisible, it has been claimed.
Manufacturers claim the material, which is in effect similar to the invisibility cloak worn by Harry Potter, can even fool night-vision goggles, the `Daily Mail` reported.
However, its development is apparently so secret the company behind it says it cannot even show the technology in action and offers only mock ups of its effect on their website.
Guy Cramer, CEO of Hyperstealth Biotechnology Corporation, says he does not care that some observers remain sceptical as to his company`s claims since "the people that need to know that it works have seen it".
"Two separate command groups within the US Military and two separate Canadian Military groups as well as Federal Emergency Response Team (Counter Terrorism) have seen the actual material so they could verify that I was not just manipulating video or photo results," Cramer said.
"These groups now know that it works and does so without cameras, batteries, lights or mirrors...It is lightweight and quite inexpensive. Both the US and Canadian military have confirmed that it also works against military IR scopes and Thermal Optics," he said.
Cramer said, in a statement on the company website, that he cannot disclose any details about how his remarkable fabric bends light around its wearer. Instead he gives examples of how it might be used.
He says the fabric would be invaluable to pilots forced to eject over enemy terrain and evade capture, it would allow special forces teams to carry out raids in broad daylight without detection.
The fabric could also enable the creation of the next generation of stealth aircraft, invisible not only to radar but also the naked eye, and it would enable submarines to remain concealed even when they surface near an enemy fleet, he said.
Cramer imagines a group of Canadian battle tanks decked out with Quantum Stealth camouflage that could engage an enemy unit with no signs of their location except the sound of their engines and guns.
"As news spreads of an invisible Canadian army which can move without detection, the psychological effect on the enemy is devastating, they never know when or even if this invisible army has them targeted or surrounded.
"How can you hit a target you cannot see, how do you defend from the invisible?" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA