Now, explore Ecuador`s Galapagos islands on Google Street View
London: Google Street View fans can now get the chance to explore some of the most amazing landscapes and wildlife of Ecuador`s Galapagos islands.
The high-definition 360 degrees pictures are a joint project between Google, the Galapagos National Park and the Darwin Foundation , marking the 178th anniversary of the British scientist Charles Darwin`s visit, which inspired his theory of natural selection.
According to the BBC, the Google Street View camera crew dived with sea-lions, trekked on the islands` biggest volcano and accompanied a leafy meal of the famous giant tortoises to capture the animals seen by Darwin in his 1835 voyage.
The report said that the Galapagos are available to browse on Street View alongside other remote places, such as the Maldives in the Indian Ocean and the Grand Canyon in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days