Now, explore Ecuador`s Galapagos islands on Google Street View
London: Google Street View fans can now get the chance to explore some of the most amazing landscapes and wildlife of Ecuador`s Galapagos islands.
The high-definition 360 degrees pictures are a joint project between Google, the Galapagos National Park and the Darwin Foundation , marking the 178th anniversary of the British scientist Charles Darwin`s visit, which inspired his theory of natural selection.
According to the BBC, the Google Street View camera crew dived with sea-lions, trekked on the islands` biggest volcano and accompanied a leafy meal of the famous giant tortoises to capture the animals seen by Darwin in his 1835 voyage.
The report said that the Galapagos are available to browse on Street View alongside other remote places, such as the Maldives in the Indian Ocean and the Grand Canyon in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?