Now, explore Ecuador`s Galapagos islands on Google Street View
London: Google Street View fans can now get the chance to explore some of the most amazing landscapes and wildlife of Ecuador`s Galapagos islands.
The high-definition 360 degrees pictures are a joint project between Google, the Galapagos National Park and the Darwin Foundation , marking the 178th anniversary of the British scientist Charles Darwin`s visit, which inspired his theory of natural selection.
According to the BBC, the Google Street View camera crew dived with sea-lions, trekked on the islands` biggest volcano and accompanied a leafy meal of the famous giant tortoises to capture the animals seen by Darwin in his 1835 voyage.
The report said that the Galapagos are available to browse on Street View alongside other remote places, such as the Maldives in the Indian Ocean and the Grand Canyon in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'