Now, Facebook analysis can predict your break-up!
Sydney: Facebook analysis can help in predicting when partners are heading towards a break-up, through what is touted by researchers as a `theory of dispersion`.
Researcher from Cornell University, Jon Kleinberg and Facebook senior engineer Lars Backstrom analysed data of 1.3 million users of the social media network who were listed as being in a relationship, and found that their break-up can be predicted as a result of their mutual friend circle.
According to news.com.au, theory of dispersion states that couples with high dispersion have mutual friends who are not well connected while those with low have mutual friends who are well connected.
Therefore, if a couple shares low dispersion, they are less likely to have their own lives and more prone to break-up.
Facebook stated healthy relationship, as one where both partners have connections to a lot of different groups of people, even if those friendships aren`t particularly strong.
Kleinberg explained that a spouse or romantic partner is a bridge between a person`s different social worlds, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic