Now, Facebook to show ads based on offline shopping habits
Washington: Facebook has inked a new deal that would allow it to target some ads based on users` offline shopping habits.
The social networking giant signed the new agreement with data mining firms Datalogix, Acxiom and Epsilon that will apply their records about customers` offline purchases to Facebook`s Custom Audiences product.
According to Mashable, Facebook said that it is also working with BlueKai `as a marketing data platform to bring a brand`s first party site data to use for targeting on Facebook.`
Custom Audiences, which was released last August, lets advertisers identify Facebook users by their Facebook ID, phone number or email address, the report said.
Now, advertisers can match that information with data from the firms, which was gleaned through shopper loyalty programs, it added.
According to the report, Facebook also claims that it won`t share personal data about users with marketers.
As with other Facebook ad, you can also opt out at any time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal