Now, Facebook to show ads based on offline shopping habits
Washington: Facebook has inked a new deal that would allow it to target some ads based on users` offline shopping habits.
The social networking giant signed the new agreement with data mining firms Datalogix, Acxiom and Epsilon that will apply their records about customers` offline purchases to Facebook`s Custom Audiences product.
According to Mashable, Facebook said that it is also working with BlueKai `as a marketing data platform to bring a brand`s first party site data to use for targeting on Facebook.`
Custom Audiences, which was released last August, lets advertisers identify Facebook users by their Facebook ID, phone number or email address, the report said.
Now, advertisers can match that information with data from the firms, which was gleaned through shopper loyalty programs, it added.
According to the report, Facebook also claims that it won`t share personal data about users with marketers.
As with other Facebook ad, you can also opt out at any time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!