Now, Facebook to show ads based on offline shopping habits
Washington: Facebook has inked a new deal that would allow it to target some ads based on users` offline shopping habits.
The social networking giant signed the new agreement with data mining firms Datalogix, Acxiom and Epsilon that will apply their records about customers` offline purchases to Facebook`s Custom Audiences product.
According to Mashable, Facebook said that it is also working with BlueKai `as a marketing data platform to bring a brand`s first party site data to use for targeting on Facebook.`
Custom Audiences, which was released last August, lets advertisers identify Facebook users by their Facebook ID, phone number or email address, the report said.
Now, advertisers can match that information with data from the firms, which was gleaned through shopper loyalty programs, it added.
According to the report, Facebook also claims that it won`t share personal data about users with marketers.
As with other Facebook ad, you can also opt out at any time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi