Now, get dream username via Yahoo wish list
Washington: Internet Corporation Yahoo is reportedly offering dormant e-mail addresses of its users for reuse through its wish list in which users can list their most desired usernames or email addresses.
Yahoo had announced a month back to its users to claim their email addresses dormant over a year as it would begin the process of giving out the addresses and usernames to other users, ABC News reports.
According to the report, users can visit Yahoo`s new wish list site and request the username of their choice and they will have 48 hours to claim the username.
Yahoo`s Dylan Casey said that if the desired username isn`t available then one of the user`s backups would be used.
The report added Yahoo saying that it is working with sites like Facebook to get around issues related to privacy regarding the previous users of the ids who used to log in to social media and e-commerce sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed