Now, get to polling station using Google Maps
Agartala: Indian electors can now locate their polling stations and access other electoral information online using Google Maps, an official said here Saturday.
"Electors can now locate online the polling stations where they are supposed to cast their vote. They can do so by visiting the Election Commission or state chief electoral officer`s website," Tripura Chief Electoral Officer Ashutosh Jindal said.
He said: "Google Maps would automatically provide the exact location of the polling stations the voters are looking for."
The official said polling station locations in the National Capital Territory of Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Sikkim, Mizoram, Meghalaya and Tripura have already been plotted on Google Maps.
"Polling stations of the rest of the country are being plotted gradually and will be available very soon on the websites."
Users can select their district, constituency and polling station names from drop down lists to see polling station locations of the selected area.
Users can even activate the satellite image layer and even see the polling station and the roads leading to it.
The electoral rolls, names and mobile phone numbers of the chief electoral officer, district election officer, electoral registration officer and booth level officer can also be known from the Google Map.
Earlier, electors had to visit various offices to get the electoral information and details about the officials involved in the election process.
"The basic electoral information now can be known within a minute. It is hassle free and it`s for everyone to use," Jindal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!