Now, Google to give advantage to paid advertisers
Washington: Google will now change its free product search service into a paid one in a bid to generate more revenue from its search engine business, according to a report.
This means consumers in the US who click on Google Shopping will get search results for products such as shoes or handbags that are influenced by how much retailers pay.
In the past, product search results were mainly based on relevance or price, and retailers got free access to shoppers, The Los Angeles Times reports.
According to the paper, it is a big shift for Google, which in the past had resisted using paid instead of ‘organic’ listings.
The move could help Google compete with online retail giants Amazon and EBay, which dwarf the search giant in shopping-related searches.
Both companies advertise on Google`s search engine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29