Now, Google to show ads on Maps app
Washington: Search giant Google has reportedly added an ad-feature to its Maps service, allowing users to quickly call, save or share the particular location searched for.
According to tech-site Mashable, Google will show ads when a user performs a search on its apps for iPhone, iPad and Android.
If a user searches for a particular store in Brooklyn, an ad may appear as a small white banner at the bottom of the screen and when the user clicks upon it, information related to address, working hours, reviews, call button, etc. will be displayed.
The report said that advertisers are charged on a cost-per-click basis when a user first clicks on the bottom banner and again if a user asks for directions, calls the business or clicks on the link to the business` website.
Product manager of Google Maps, Salahuddin Choudhary said that advertisers will be charged a maximum of two clicks per impression, while announcing the new service which is expected to boost the ad revenue that the company pulls from mobile search, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert