Now, keyboard that shocks you out of your Facebook addiction!
Washington: Two doctoral candidates from MIT have created a new keyboard device that is capable of shocking users overindulging online.
Robert R. Morris and Dan McDuff calculated that they were wasting about 50 hours a week on Facebook so to stop that from happening again they turned to Pavlovian method, Discovery News reported.
McDuff said that the keyboard is able to monitors application usage and if it senses that too much time is being spent on a particular website or application it give a shock to its users, asserting that the shock is just unpleasand and not dangerous.
The system that they have devised uses a Mac`s UI Inspector for monitoring application usage and a processing code, which routes on-screen alert signals to an Arduino board that activates a relay and initiates a shock circuit.
That current is then passed on to conductive metal strips that is embedded in a keyboard rest pad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch