Now, MafiaLeaks browser to save whistleblowers from mob
London: An encrypted anonymising browser reportedly allows informants to share their secrets with the site without the fear of being targeted by the mafia.
Italian volunteers have launched a secure site called Tor for MafiaLeaks that puts tipsters in touch with anti-mafia journalists and come forward with incriminating information.
According to the Guardian, MafiaLeaks has currently limited the recipients to the Fatto Quotidiano newspaper, the Sicilian TV station Telejato and Antonella Beccaria, an independent investigative journalist.
The report said that the site is considered as influenced by WikiLeaks, New Yorker`s Strongbox project, as well as the late Aaron Swartz`s SecureDrop, which emphasise the anonymity of the whistleblower.
The data submitted to mafialeaks.html"> MafiaLeaks remains on its server for 20 days, encrypted with a key which is only visible to the whistleblower and their chosen confidant and during the period, the whistleblower can return to the dropbox to add more information.
Users are instructed to download the Tor browser bundle and then direct their browser to the project`s secure website.
The report added that the site is currently looking for financial information and records of membership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion