Now, match your iPhone case with the dress you wear
London: The days of matching your nails to your lipstick have become a thing of the past - now, it’s all about matching your smartphone case to your outfit.
The picture-sharing social media boom via sites like Twitter and Instagram means demand is soaring for smartphone covers which look good in a picture taken in a mirror, the Daily Mail reported.
The smartphone is no longer just a medium for picture sharing, but an aesthetic object in itself.
Leading the way in accommodating your new needs are Australian brands Black Milk and The Dairy, the former makes the clothes, the latter, the phone cases.
While Black Milk make creative, pattern printed lycra clothes - perfect for cloning onto phone cases, The Dairy prints the patterns onto phone cases.
They’re constantly growing and updating the designs available so that you can find the perfect case to express who you are, match your outfit or even to suit your mood.
The Dairy’s goal is that “you’ll love your new phone case so much, you’ll proudly put your phone face down to show it off. After all – how much better would the world be if we all put our phones face down more often?”
You might get a few admirers noticing on the bus, but the way to really show off your mastermind matching is with an artsy self-portrait, preferably with a vintage filter on, posted on a social media site.
Checking into hot places or tweeting pictures of gourmet meals and holidays while everyone is stuck in the office has become de rigeur for busy twenty and thirty somethings and matching your smartphone case to your clothes is just the next step on the one-upmanship that social media inspires.
From jolly looking polar bears to Santa riding on his sleigh, retailer InspireMyCase has launched a range of iPhone cases plastered with scenes inspired by Christmas jumpers “to enable people to add a little bit of personality, fun or style to their cases.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi