Now, music app that shows 25 most-played songs by listeners
Wellington: For those tired of music charts dictated by 13-year-old girls and Justin Bieber, there may be a solution in the form of a new app.
Herne Bay resident Anthony Gardiner has developed 25mostplayed.com, a new website dedicated to creating custom music charts based on what interests each listener.
It could signal the end of the top 20 music chart replacing it with playlists selected by users based on a selected age-range, location, interest or genre.
The 33-year-old started developing the site last year as a means of discovering what people were listening to as opposed to buying.
"I`ve always found people`s 25 most-played playlist on iTunes a really interesting insight into their personality, so whenever I meet a new person I always look at what their 25 most-played are," he said.
Initially the site was designed just for that purpose but he soon discovered that by blending the demographic data provided by each user with their music listening habits filters could be put in place which would allow others to create custom playlists and discover new music.
The app is still in stage one of its development but Gardiner hopes that as it grows he will be able to have the most definitive answer to the question of what the most popular song of all time is.
Both Apple and Facebook have shown interest in the app, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India