Now, new app to simulate eclipses on your mobiles
Washington: A researcher from the University of Barcelona (UB) has designed a new application for Android mobiles that can provide information about all solar and lunar eclipses or planetary transits from 1900 to 2100.
The new application called Eclipse Calculator has been developed in Catalan, Spanish, and English, but it is planned to translate it to other languages.
"We aim at promoting the interest in general sky observation and in these particular phenomena," said creator Eduard Masana, researcher from the Institute of Cosmos Sciences of the UB.
The application makes possible to know the general circumstances of the phenomenon, including global visibility maps, as well as its local circumstances for any place in the world: beginning, end, duration, altitude of the Sun or Moon above the horizon, etc.
It also allows users to make simulations of the phenomenon from their observational point.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals