Now, new app to simulate eclipses on your mobiles
Washington: A researcher from the University of Barcelona (UB) has designed a new application for Android mobiles that can provide information about all solar and lunar eclipses or planetary transits from 1900 to 2100.
The new application called Eclipse Calculator has been developed in Catalan, Spanish, and English, but it is planned to translate it to other languages.
"We aim at promoting the interest in general sky observation and in these particular phenomena," said creator Eduard Masana, researcher from the Institute of Cosmos Sciences of the UB.
The application makes possible to know the general circumstances of the phenomenon, including global visibility maps, as well as its local circumstances for any place in the world: beginning, end, duration, altitude of the Sun or Moon above the horizon, etc.
It also allows users to make simulations of the phenomenon from their observational point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail