Now, new app to simulate eclipses on your mobiles
Washington: A researcher from the University of Barcelona (UB) has designed a new application for Android mobiles that can provide information about all solar and lunar eclipses or planetary transits from 1900 to 2100.
The new application called Eclipse Calculator has been developed in Catalan, Spanish, and English, but it is planned to translate it to other languages.
"We aim at promoting the interest in general sky observation and in these particular phenomena," said creator Eduard Masana, researcher from the Institute of Cosmos Sciences of the UB.
The application makes possible to know the general circumstances of the phenomenon, including global visibility maps, as well as its local circumstances for any place in the world: beginning, end, duration, altitude of the Sun or Moon above the horizon, etc.
It also allows users to make simulations of the phenomenon from their observational point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says