Now, new app to simulate eclipses on your mobiles
Washington: A researcher from the University of Barcelona (UB) has designed a new application for Android mobiles that can provide information about all solar and lunar eclipses or planetary transits from 1900 to 2100.
The new application called Eclipse Calculator has been developed in Catalan, Spanish, and English, but it is planned to translate it to other languages.
"We aim at promoting the interest in general sky observation and in these particular phenomena," said creator Eduard Masana, researcher from the Institute of Cosmos Sciences of the UB.
The application makes possible to know the general circumstances of the phenomenon, including global visibility maps, as well as its local circumstances for any place in the world: beginning, end, duration, altitude of the Sun or Moon above the horizon, etc.
It also allows users to make simulations of the phenomenon from their observational point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown