Now, pay to promote your friends` Facebook posts
Washington: If you really like a friend`s Facebook post, you would be asked to shell out some cash to ensure it gets seen by others on the social networking site.
Facebook has announced that users can now pay to promote a friend`s status update and ensure it`s widely viewed.
The move comes as Facebook is expanding its Promoted Post feature, which was launched in October, the Huffington Post reports.
Previously, individuals could only pay to promote their own posts and guarantee they`d be seen by over 16 percent of their friends, which is the average reach for a Facebook status update).
According to the report, sponsoring a friend`s post guarantees it will appear in a higher percentage of his or her friends` News Feeds .
Facebook ensured that the new tool will `respect the privacy of the original poster-i.e. it will promote to everyone who originally saw it.`
However, users needn`t receive their friend`s permission before pushing his or her post to more people, and individuals will be notified only after the promotion has been purchased, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!