Now, pay to promote your friends` Facebook posts
Washington: If you really like a friend`s Facebook post, you would be asked to shell out some cash to ensure it gets seen by others on the social networking site.
Facebook has announced that users can now pay to promote a friend`s status update and ensure it`s widely viewed.
The move comes as Facebook is expanding its Promoted Post feature, which was launched in October, the Huffington Post reports.
Previously, individuals could only pay to promote their own posts and guarantee they`d be seen by over 16 percent of their friends, which is the average reach for a Facebook status update).
According to the report, sponsoring a friend`s post guarantees it will appear in a higher percentage of his or her friends` News Feeds .
Facebook ensured that the new tool will `respect the privacy of the original poster-i.e. it will promote to everyone who originally saw it.`
However, users needn`t receive their friend`s permission before pushing his or her post to more people, and individuals will be notified only after the promotion has been purchased, the report said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Six minors killed in house blaze in Uttar Pradesh
- Shrinking US presence in Afghanistan creates security concerns: Report
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated