Now, social networking website `Worldoo` for kids
Mumbai: Advertising and digital media agency Focus Group today launched a social networking website `Worldoo`, aimed at children aged between 6-12 years.
Warner Bros and Shemaroo, so that they can learn and enjoy themselves, while staying safe on the Internet," Focus Group MD Monish Ghatalia told reporters here.
Other partners include Amar Chitra Katha, Landmark, Champak, international destination Sentosa and Sony Pictures, he added.
Besides, the members can also make friends on the website and chat with them.
"We are confident that Worldoo will provide the kids with a creative platform for engagement and prevent them from consuming content online that isn`t designed for them," he said.
The children will need parental consent before joining the website, following which they can access the website. The content will be monitored on regular basis, he said.
The company expects to achieve break-even in two years. While it will look at monetising the website through advertisements, it will not have any banner ads to click on.
"For monetising, the focus will be more on branding that can fit into the website. There will be no banner ads as then the traffic would be directed to other websites, which we will not be able to monitor," Ghatalia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured