Now, store your password in your subconscious!
London: What if you have a password that even you don`t remember?
Researchers from Stanford University, Northwestern and Stanford Research Institute have created a system in which the password is stored in a part of the brain you cannot physically access but is still in your subconscious for the right time, a newspaper reported.
The majority of internet users` security is threatened by big data breaches or simplistic passwords easily targeted by hackers, Extreme Tech website explained.
The new information is absorbed without the user being aware that he has actually learnt anything.
The specially created computer game, which enables users to learn their 30 letter password, is similar to the popular Guitar Hero game series of music video games.
It involves six buttons ? S,D, F, J, K, L ? and the user must tap the corresponding key when the circle reaches the bottom, like the Guitar Hero game.
During a 45 minute training session to learn the password, the user will make approximately 4,000 keystrokes.
Around 80 per cent of those keystrokes are being used to subconsciously teach you a 30-character password.
Before running, the game creates a random sequence of 30 letters with no repeating characters. It is thousands of times more secure than your average, memorable password.
The 30 letter sequence is then played back to the user three times in a row before being repeated to them with random characters padding it out in between repeats. This pattern is repeated five times before a short pause. The entire process is then repeated six more times.
This system is able to determine whether it is the genuine user by having them play various strands, with the ones they have practised thrown in too.
Someone who has played the practised piece in the specific training routine will be able to play it much more smoothly and rapidly, the researchers determined.
"A performance gap that is substantially different from the one obtained after training indicates an attack," the website explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?