Now, take virtual tour of Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque of Abu Dhabi: Courtesy Google Street View
Washington: Deputy Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates Shaikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has inaugurated a 360-degree Google Street View imagery project for creating a virtual tour of the Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
The new guide steps inside the Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque and provides close-up views and minute details of the inside and outside, the Gulf News reports.
Shaikh Mansour praised the initiative for enabling internet users to view the structure of the world`s most beautiful mosques, which represents a valuable addition to the Islamic and human cultures.
It is part of a Google initiative that aims to capture every famous landmark on earth to be viewed online, the report added.
Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque has the capacity for 40,000 worshippers with 82 domes, over 1,000 columns, 24 carat gold gilded chandeliers and the world`s largest hand-knotted carpet.
The virtual tour of Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque can be experienced by visiting www.google.ae/streetview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling