Now track how your private data is being used online
Washington: A new Web technology has been developed that would allow internet users to track their transmission of private data and how is it being used online.
As more of the data moves online, a more pressing concern may be its inadvertent misuse by people authorized to access it.
Every month seems to bring another story of private information accidentally leaked by governmental agencies or vendors of digital products or services.
At the same time, tighter restrictions on access could undermine the whole point of sharing data.
Researchers in the Decentralized Information Group (DIG) at MIT`s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) believe the solution may be transparency rather than obscurity, so they`re developing a protocol they call `HTTP with Accountability,` or HTTPA, which will automatically monitor the use of private data.
Oshani Seneviratne, an MIT graduate said that it`s not difficult to transform an existing website into an HTTPA-aware website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’