Now, Twitter rolls out own photo filter feature
Washington: Twitter has now introduced the ability to add colour filters to user-uploaded photos; a week after Instagram announced that it was no longer supporting embedded photos on the micro blogging site.
Twitter updated its Android and iPhone apps with features that allow user to add filters to photos directly from the app.
There are eight filters to choose from, including, Warm, Cool, Vintage, Happy and Cinematic, as well as cropping and brightening functions, ABC News reports.
The photo filters, using technology made by Aviary will be added to the Twitter app when a user downloads the update, the report said.
The move came a few days after Instagram’s CEO said the firm will axe Twitter embedding support was about sending people to Instagram’s own site.
According to the report, coincidentally, Instagram, which has been acquired by Twitter rival Facebook, also released an update for its iOS app today, which adds the ability to crop and scale photos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued