Obama floods Twitter in India
New Delhi: The moment US President Barack Obama`s Air Force One touched down in Mumbai, the Twitterati got active, and inundated cyberspace with messages -- ranging from eating out suggestions for the US first couple to humorous comments on his visit.
"I hope Obama pays a customary visit to Mamledar Misal in Thane. Should eat two Misal Pavs with oily red hot rassa. Will never return to (Washington) DC!" posted Mumbai-based Venkat Ananth on micro-blogging website Twitter.
Meanwhile, Delhi-based Gursimran Khamba, a humorist, turned his Twitter account into an Obama parody. "All I have to do is smile, say namaste and make an Amitabh Bachchan reference to have all of you eating out of my hands," said Khamba, in lighter vein.
But there were some genuine positive posts after Obama`s speech to pay tribute to the Mumbai terror attack victims. "What a charismatic, resilient & dynamic speech made by Obama at the Gateway of India across the Taj... highlighted strong Indo-US ties," said Zoran Saher.
And there were some negative comments to the Bharatiya Janata Party`s criticism of Obama not mentioning Pakistan as the source of terror.
"People who are disappointed with Obama`s Taj speech must remember that he is not here for any pre-war mobilization. He is here for business," said Sunil Kumar Singh.
An internet entrepreneur Sushant Sahoo also chipped in after watching the evening news that analysed Obama`s speech. "There`s no reason to go gaga about why he skipped Pakistan," said Sahoo.
An anonymous commentator on international relations, with a twitter name of `pragmatic_d`, also made fun of BJP`s comment. "Ha ha ha... A party when in power, which invited (then Pakistan president Pervez) Musharraf for a summit after Kargil, has the gall to feel outraged about Obama," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’